Re: Please Help me - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Please Help me
Date
List pgsql-sql
I have no experience with ColdFusion, but if you ask a question like whether MySQL or Postgres is better on a Postgres mailing list - we're going to say Postgres.

Postgres is in many, many ways vastly superior to MySQL.  However, if you are a newbie or are doing this on Win32 platform, you may still choose to use MySQL.

Postgres has these things that MySQL doesn't:

* SQL compatible date & time handling
* subselects
* stored procedures
* proper foreign keys
* proper transactions
* custom types, aggregates, operators and functions
* 4 procedural languages
* ...and much, much more...

You haven't provided us with very much information, however...

Chris