RFC: Generating useful names for foreign keys and checks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject RFC: Generating useful names for foreign keys and checks
Date
Re: RFC: Generating useful names for foreign keys and checks  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I'm thinking of doing a patch to generate foo_fkey and foo_chk names for
fk's and checks.  I know that this will make using DROP CONSTRAINT a whole
heck of a lot easier.  There have also been a few people who've complained
on the list about all the <unnamed> foreign keys, etc.

I know Tom had some fears, but I don't know if they still apply, or if
they're any worse than the current situation?

Can I go ahead?

Chris