Make text output more generic - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Make text output more generic
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I'm working on making the SHOW command dump its output as if it were a
select result.

Tom's declared the following as static ("private") methods?

static TextOutputState *begin_text_output(CommandDest dest, char *title);
static void do_text_output(TextOutputState *tstate, char *aline);
static void do_text_output_multiline(TextOutputState *tstate, char *text);
static void end_text_output(TextOutputState *tstate);

I should really move these off somewhere else and make them a bit more
global and generic.  I will also use Joe's version (private email) that
should allow more columns in the output.  What should I name these
functions?  I notice a tendency towards TextDoOutput, TextDoOuputMultiline,
TextEndOutput sort of naming conventions for "global" functions.

Is this a good idea?  Where I should put them?

Regards,

Chris