- Mailing list pgsql-general

From Einar Már Björvinsson
Subject
Date
List pgsql-general

hi
I have been trying to use the Postgresql library (libpq.so) and processes in my program.
The scenario is like that:

I have made a small shared library where I wrapp the Postgresql functions.

I then call those library functions (my library) from my program.

The program is to behave as a deamon so it is in a endless while loop.

The program starts by opening a connection to the database, enter the
infinite while loop to run some functions.

Inside the while loop it forks many childs which then call one function from the library I made.

After one round the program goes to sleep and wakes up again one minute later.

Now comes the problem:: If I call the same the same functions again, those within the while loop (not the connection call) I get an error return.

It is as if the handle to the connection is not valid any more.

I have checked the program without forking and that works fine.

So my question is what can be done to share a library within processes so they are not duplicating the library includes and so on.

regards

Einar