Re: data types oid and oidvector - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: data types oid and oidvector
Date
List pgadmin-support
It's not a good idea to use oid's as foreign keys as they may change if you dump/reload your database. For this reason, I think PostgreSQL disallows the use of them.

iirc, the oidvector column is an array of oid's type. You should look in the PostgreSQL manuals (in the pgAdmin helpfile) for more details, if not, try a post to pgsql-general@postgresql.org.

Regards, Dave.
-----Original Message-----
From: Camila Rocha [mailto:camilarrocha@hotmail.com]
Sent: 09 April 2002 20:45
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] data types oid and oidvector

hey!

i wanted to know if there's a way to use the column oid (which is present in every table) as a foreign key in another table. I tried, but i couldn't do it.
and what about the type oidvector?? where can i find more information about it? i want to put in it another objetc's oids.

thanks!

Camila
GO/Brazil