psqlODBC ODBC3.0/Column Names - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Dave Page
Subject psqlODBC ODBC3.0/Column Names
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I'm in the process of learning C#/.NET and whilst trying to persuade an
OdbcCommandBuilder to work as documented, thought I'd try the (development)
ODBC3 version of the driver to see if that was the problem.

I still haven't go the OdbcCommandBuilder to work, but I did find that with
the v3 driver, the columns appear to have lost their names. The following
code returned the names as expected with the v2.5 driver, but Column1,
Column2... with the v3:

    foreach(DataColumn dcDB in dsDB.Tables[0].Columns)
      Console.WriteLine("{0} ({1})", dcDB.ColumnName, dcDB.DataType);

I also found that the table name isn't returned for either driver, but that
may just be .NET not figuring it out correctly.

Regards, Dave.