Re: Why am I getting this error in DB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben Chobot
Subject Re: Why am I getting this error in DB
Date
List pgsql-general
On Feb 16, 2010, at 9:17 PM, AI Rumman wrote:

> Why am I getting this error in DB?
>
> -  number of page slots needed (858976) exceeds max_fsm_pages (356656)

Because you have more pages that need to be cleaned during the vacuum than you have room for in your configured free
spacemap (max_fsm_pages). To fix, vacuum more frequently, increase your max_fsm_pages and restart postgres, or upgrade
to8.4, which automatically adjusts the FSM as needed under the covers.