Re: AccessExclusiveLock on tuple? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: AccessExclusiveLock on tuple?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Dec 2, 2015, at 9:25 AM, Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> wrote:

> No. See the section on row level locks here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/explicit-locking.html

That wasn't quite my question.  I'm familiar with the row-level locking and the locking messages in general, but this
messageimplies there is such a thing as an AccessExclusiveLock on a tuple, which is new to me.  I wasn't able to
producethis message experimentally doing various combinations of UPDATE statements and SELECT FOR UPDATEs, or even with
explicitLOCK ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE, thus the question.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com