Re: query has no destination for result data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: query has no destination for result data
Date
List pgsql-general

> On Mar 6, 2019, at 6:32 AM, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 3/6/19 1:45 AM, Rob Sargent wrote:
> [snip]
>> This construct had been working until recent changes but I cannot relate the message to any deformity in the current
schemaor code.
>> Any pointers appreciated.
>
> What were the recent changes?
>
> --
> Angular momentum makes the world go 'round.

diff optimalMonoPed.sql  optimalMonoPed.sql.~20359ea9e67ddf009db89b94140f67988862f247~
13,14d12
<   imkr          int;
<   jmkr          int;
53c51
< --
---
> --
67,68d64
<     select imkr=min(ordinal), jmkr=max(ordinal) from mrkidx where ordinal between segp.firstmarker and
segp.lastmarker;
<     raise notice 'seg % start=% i=% end=% j=%', segp.id, segp.firstmarker, imkr, segp.lastmarker, jmkr;

In other words two variables dropped along with the select which set them for their only use in a NOTICE, plus white
spaceon a comment line.

So yes the problem must be in the caller.

A not on line numbers: Using \ef on this function presents a slight variation of my code: it rearranges the “language
plpgsql”from after the final END; (old style I guess) to before the AS.  So line 65 is actually what I thought was line
64.
Still not the real problem of course.  (I’ll update my ways re: coding functions)