Is it possible to have psql ignore the line I am typing? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tena Sakai
Subject Is it possible to have psql ignore the line I am typing?
Date
Re: Is it possible to have psql ignore the line I am typing?  (Rosser Schwarz <rosser.schwarz@gmail.com>)
Re: Is it possible to have psql ignore the line I amtyping?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-admin

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to have psql ignore the line I am typing?
That is, similar to '#' with unix shell.  What I would
like is to document my interaction with psql.  If an
exclamation mark were a comment character, I may type
something like:

 silver=# ! I need to find out if data tagged as KIAA
 silver=# ! got into silver database last night.
 silver=#
 silver=# select type, name, marker
 silver-#   from marker_table
 silver-#  where tag LIKE 'KIAA%';

It would be nice to be able to jot down what little stream
of thoughts come to my finger tip while I converse with
psql.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Tena Sakai