Re: Multiple customers sharing one database? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: Multiple customers sharing one database?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jun 1, 2007, at 13:27 , Rick Schumeyer wrote:

> I'm developing an application that will be used by several
> independent customers.  Conceptually, the data from one customer
> has no relation at all to another customer.  In fact, each
> customer's data is private, and you would never combine data from
> different customers.  I'm trying to decide whether to:

Unless the database schema is shared by the different customers, I'd
set up a separate database for each. There's better security with
separate databases, and since different customer's data would never
be combined, there's no advantage to putting them in the same one.
Per database overhead is probably going to be negligible compared to
the infrastructure you'd want to put in place for security.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net