Re: pg_stop_backup running for 2h10m? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From François Beausoleil
Subject Re: pg_stop_backup running for 2h10m?
Date
List pgsql-general
Le 2013-04-23 à 15:08, François Beausoleil a écrit :

> I used omnipitr to launch a base backup, but I fumbled a couple of things, so I Ctrl+C'd *once* the console where I
hadomnipitr-backup-master running. omnipitr-backup-master correctly launched pg_stop_backup, but pg_stop_backup has
beenactive for 2h10 minutes, as reported by pg_stat_activity.

> According to the docs, pg_stop_backup wants to archive all xlogs before returning, but xlogs aren't being added to
thebackup directory.

> What could be preventing pg_stop_backup from returning?

For reference, pg_stop_backup() doesn't seem to hold much locks:

> select * from pg_locks where pid = 14301;
  locktype  | database | relation | page | tuple | virtualxid | transactionid | classid | objid | objsubid |
virtualtransaction|  pid  |     mode      | granted

 virtualxid |          |          |      |       | 32/6558    |               |         |       |          | 32/6558
       | 14301 | ExclusiveLock | t

Bye,
François
Attachment