Re: PL/pgSQL PERFORM with CTE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL PERFORM with CTE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Aug 29, 2013, at 2:41 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am thinking, so I propose a enough solution for you - when you use CTE for execution of VOID function, then result
villbe VOID set, what we can accept as undefined result, and in this case a PERFORM should not be required. If CTE will
returnsome result, then PERFORM should be required and PERFORM must to support CTE in all possible modes - updateable
ornot updateable queries.

If you can make PERFORM work with CTEs, that would be an improvement over the status quo. But I think there is no good
reasonnot to let SELECT results be discarded, either. I know you think there are good reasons, but no one else in this
threadis convince, AFAICT.

Best,

David