Re: "Undefined functions" pg_dlopen and pg_dlerror when compiling PG7.2.3 under Linux 2.0.? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Brendan LeFebvre
Subject Re: "Undefined functions" pg_dlopen and pg_dlerror when compiling PG7.2.3 under Linux 2.0.?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Tom,

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]

Hmm.  It looks to me like someone messed up the support for dynamic
did not define HAVE_DLOPEN in your src/include/pg_config.h file?
-----

A grep of pg_config.h for DLOPEN shows that its only instance is in a
comment line:
/* #undef HAVE_DLOPEN */

--------
If you want to try to fix it yourself, the files to look at are
src/backend/port/dynloader/linux.h
src/backend/port/dynloader/linux.c
It looks to me like the "#ifdef NOT_USED" in the latter ought to be
"#ifndef HAVE_DLOPEN" instead.  But I'm unsure about the linux.h
file; surely it should have extern declarations for the functions
in linux.c?

            regards, tom lane

linux.h has no externs.

I changed #ifdef NOT_USED to #ifndef HAVE_DLOPEN in linux.c, and make'd
again....
"All of PostgreSQL successfully made. Ready to install."

Thanks, Tom!

Brendan LeFebvre
brendanl@iname.com