Postgresql 8.0, Tomcat 5.5 postgresql-8.0.309.jdbc3.jar and hiber nate 2.1 on Windows XP - could not receive data from client: No connectio n could be made because the target machine actively refused it - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kolli, Kishore
Subject Postgresql 8.0, Tomcat 5.5 postgresql-8.0.309.jdbc3.jar and hiber nate 2.1 on Windows XP - could not receive data from client: No connectio n could be made because the target machine actively refused it
Date
Re: Postgresql 8.0, Tomcat 5.5 postgresql-8.0.309.jdbc3.jar  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc

Hi All,

 I am trying to upgrade a web app running postgres7.3, tomcat 4.1 to the above environment. I have installed the new postgres 8.0 port and the postgresql as a service under user postgres. I can deploy the application to tomcat and everything seems to be running ok until I try to open a database session. The program gets kicked out with no exceptions. ( I have the open session method sandwiched in a try-catch clause and there is also finally segment). As soon as I try to open a db session, the program goes to finally clause with no exception thrown and when looked into the postgres log, I see the following error message

"2005-02-01 00:23:55 LOG:  could not receive data from client: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

2005-02-01 00:23:55 LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection"

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Kishore Kolli

Siemens Subscriber Networks