Re: [Dbdpg-general] Re: 'prepare' is not quite schema-safe - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Wheeler
Subject Re: [Dbdpg-general] Re: 'prepare' is not quite schema-safe
Date
List pgsql-general
On May 2, 2005, at 06:36 , Vlad wrote:

> as I understood Tom's message, he's not advising dbd::pg driver to
> rely on the fact that earlier prepared query is still valid.

That's not going to change. It's your responsibility, as the
programmer, to know when you need to expire the cache:

$dbh->do("SET search_path TO one");
my $sth1 = $dbh->prepare_cached("SELECT * FROM test WHERE item = ?");
$sth1->execute("one");

$dbh->do("set search_path to two");
@{$dbh->{CachedKids}} = (); # Expire the cache!
my $sth2 = $dbh->prepare_cached("SELECT * FROM test WHERE item = ?");
$sth2->execute("two");

(Sorry that was stuck in another reply to Neil. Trying to do too many
things at once!)

Best,

David