Re: PostgreSQL pre-fork speedup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff
Subject Re: PostgreSQL pre-fork speedup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On May 6, 2004, at 1:06 PM, sdv mailer wrote:

> I compared against both TCP and UNIX direct
> connections. No SSL, no authentication. See benchmark
> results posted below again:

I recall your script only connected 20 times - that is not enough to
filter out "noise" in those numbers.  Please run it again, this time
with say, 1000 connects.  That will give a more true number.

And also try running several of these in parellel.

I've been using pgpool in production with great success and it can
drastically improve connect times.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/