Re: pgsql: psql: Add test for query canceling - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: pgsql: psql: Add test for query canceling
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On 21 Aug 2021, at 00:40, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 20 Aug 2021, at 20:47, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> I think you should drop the overly-cute bit with a SIGALRM handler,
>>> and instead have a loop-with-delay around an attempt to read the
>>> psql.pid file, after launching the psql run without an immediate
>>> wait for termination.
>
>> This could perhaps be done with a PostgresNode::interactive_psql
>> session?
>
> Yeah, we do have that infrastructure available in the
> 010_tab_completion.pl test.

In order to satisfy my own curiosity I decided to take a stab at this which
turned into the attached.  I wasn’t able to reliably know that the pg_sleep
query had started except letting the timer expire, but that may very well be
the rust on my Perl skills showing.

Not sure if this moves the needle on this in either direction, but I figured I
should report back progress either way.

Attachment