Re: Cancelled statement due to lost connection - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Brandon Aiken
Subject Re: Cancelled statement due to lost connection
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Due to user request" suggests to me that the client (in this case, IIS or .NET) is timing out waiting for a response
andcancelling the query.

The documentation for Npgsql seems to support that:
http://npgsql.projects.postgresql.org/docs/manual/UserManual.htm (search for 'Cancelling a command in progress').

--
Brandon Aiken
CS/IT Systems Engineer
From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Frances Collier
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 4:02 PM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] Cancelled statement due to lost connection

Hello,

I have implemented an ASP.Net page on one box that has successfully connected to my PostgreSQL database on another.
Bothboxes are running Windows Server 2003. I am using the Npgsql connector. Most of the time it runs fine, but on one
queryI am getting a "canceling statement due to user request" error (Code: 57014).  I figure the connection is timing
out,especially since running it through pgAdmin it takes 29375+31 ms. So, I set the NpgsqlConnection CommandTimeout to
300.But it didn't help. I've run through the PostgreSQL documentation, the postgresql.conf, and pg_hba.conf (for good
measure)trying to find where to set the connection time for PostgreSQL. Can this be set? If so, what's the proper
configurationfor that?

Thanks,

-Frances