Re: Precision of data types and functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brandon Aiken
Subject Re: Precision of data types and functions
Date
List pgsql-general
To be fair, that's the fault of the previous designer, not MySQL.  You
don't blame Stanley when your contractor uses 2" plain nails when he
needed 3" galvanized.  The tool isn't to blame just because someone used
it incorrectly.

MySQL works great for what it does: high speed at a cost of data
integrity.  It's fine for discussion boards or anything non-critical
where having a database is a convenience instead of a necessity.
Nevermind that MySQL really doesn't have much place between PostgreSQL
and SQLite nowadays.

--
Brandon Aiken
CS/IT Systems Engineer