Re: Logging function calls to figure out lo_close log entr - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Ron Snyder
Subject Re: Logging function calls to figure out lo_close log entr
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

> That does make it tough ;)
> On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 16:00, Ron Snyder wrote:
> > > Can you send the relevant java code as well
> >
> > That's part of the problem -- we don't know what code is
> doing it, and we're
> > trying to narrow it down.

Hmm, what if I took a really aggressive approach (with the developers
agreement of course) and told the backend to emit some message that could
cause the jdbc client to spit out an exception-- that would tell the
developers exactly where things were going wrong, wouldn't it?

If possible it would just give the client some message, but I suspect that
I'm actually going to have to exit() in order to force that exception-- any
ideas how to force one backend to exit without possibly messing up the
shared memory area?

-ron