Re: create role? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ray Stell
Subject Re: create role?
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Dec 20, 2012, at 10:22 AM, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> On Thursday 20 December 2012 14:57:31 Ray Stell wrote:
>> createrole is really hard to find when you search for "create role."
>> Thanks.
>
> I always prefix any google search with 'postgresql' then whatever I need.
>
> Try googling
>
> postgresql create role
> postgresql alter role

I'm not really that lazy, I was just stuck in the oracle world view (grant priv to user).  Your search strings don't
fitin that logic.   It looks like sys privs are never provided by grant, rather create or alter.  Hmm, sans CONNECT,
whichseems rather system priv to me.  MIght make for a handy additional comment to
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/sql-grant.html 'For system privileges see "ALTER ROLE."'