Re: cvs head doesn't pass make check on one of the machines here - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
Subject Re: cvs head doesn't pass make check on one of the machines here
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 13 Nov 2009, at 19:39, Tom Lane wrote:

>> On fre, 2009-11-13 at 15:05 +0100, Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz wrote:
>>> As per Tom's - yes, this laptop has LANG set to UTF8 Polish. Setting
>>> it back to EN actually makes this error go away.
>
>> The Polish locale isn't supported by the regression tests.
>
> With only one result-ordering difference, it seems like we could easily
> support that if there were enough demand.  I'd want somebody running a
> buildfarm machine in Polish locale, though, to catch future breakages.

Setting the LANG variable doesn't change behaviour, unfortunately - and it passes on other computers. But changing it
onthe machine with Polish locale does make it pass, weird.

(I barely use Polish locales, even tho I was born long time ago in that country, so it is hard to test it for me - on
dailybasis. But I will try to re-test it every so often).