PostgreSQL: Inserting NULL values adds empty string. - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Venkatesan, Sekhar
Subject PostgreSQL: Inserting NULL values adds empty string.
Date
Re: PostgreSQL: Inserting NULL values adds empty string.  ("Inoue, Hiroshi" <h-inoue@dream.email.ne.jp>)
List pgsql-odbc
Hi Folks,

I am using PostgreSQL 9.4 odbc driver to talk to 9.4 postgreSQL server.
I see that when inserting NULL values into DB is adding empty  string in the database only in windows.
The same insert is adding NULL values into database when linux odbc driver is used to connect to linux database.
 Is there any configuration in odbc driver end or in server to retain the null values or is it a bug?
If it is not and is an expected behavior, how to fix it in the application?

Thanks,
Sekhar

-----Original Message-----
From: Venkatesan, Sekhar
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 10:04 AM
To: 'Joshua D. Drake'; 'pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org'
Subject: RE: [ODBC] PostgreSQL: Autocommit through windows odbc driver doesnt work!!!

HI Joshua,

I perform the following set of operations to set autocommit in postgreSQL through ODBC in windows.
SQLSetConnectAttr(hDbc, SQL_ATTR_AUTOCOMMIT, (SQLPOINTER) SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_ON,  0)

ret = SQLDriverConnect(_hdbc, NULL, (SQLCHAR*) dsn.GetChars(), SQL_NTS, NULL, 0, NULL, SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT);

This doesn't enable autocommit. If I call SQLSetConnectAttr after SQLDriverConnect, autocommit is set.
Any issue with this sequence? I assume It should be possible to set SQL_ATTR_AUTOCOMMIT before establishing connection.
Can you please confirm on this behavior?

Thanks,
Sekhar