Cross Database Shared Tables? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mitch Vincent
Subject Cross Database Shared Tables?
Date
List pgsql-general
I know this has probably been asked before but the archive searching
seems to just hang for me..

I'm in a situation trying to teach an old application new tricks. I
have a table in one database that I need to be shared across several
other databases ( to do joins against it etc). Is it possible to do
this now with schemas, or am I out of luck?

Also, can a function/trigger access another database to perform queries
there instead of in the database where the trigger/function is created?

Thanks very much!

-Mitch