Re: BUG #17148: About --no-strict-names option and --quiet option of pg_amcheck command - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: BUG #17148: About --no-strict-names option and --quiet option of pg_amcheck command
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 17 Aug 2021, at 16:53, Euler Taveira <euler@eulerto.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2021, at 8:06 AM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

>> ..I think we should reconcile them with
>> something like this while in here and fixing things anyways:

> I suggest that it should be a message that we already use in another binaries
> such as "do not print any output, except for errors".

Well, problem is that it’s plain not true.  If you pass --quiet --verbose you
will get a lot of output, albeit less than if not using --quiet.  Consistency
with other tools is obviously good, but only when it’s correct IMO.