Re: Database server crash ! URGENT ! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sunit Bhatia
Subject Re: Database server crash ! URGENT !
Date
List pgsql-general
Let me make some corrections to my previous mail.
I start the PostgreSQL Server as 'root' like  this:

su - pgsql -c "$DB_ROOT/bin/postmaster -B 50 -N 25  -D$DB_ROOT/data -i" >>
$LOGFILE 2>&1 &

So I'm staring it in the background and I'm redirecting the stdout and
stderr away from the terminal. Still I don't understand why it receives Fast
Shutdown Request or (SIGINT signal).

Any body has any ideas ??

I also don't see the advantage of using 'nohup' over what I'm doing, Since
Starting it using 'nohup' will only stop it from receiving SIGHUP signal.

thanks for your ideas...
Sunit