Re: Database Design Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From omid omoomi
Subject Re: Database Design Question
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
In addition I think, using that integer primary keys would be useful for the
databases which does not support CASCADE ON UPDATE.
Say you would have to change a PartType for any reason,using the integer
format, you will face no problem on tables integrity, updating the
description at the PartTypes table.
But currently PG supports the CASCADE UPDATEs.
Omid