Re: [HACKERS] New gist vacuum. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey Borodin
Subject Re: [HACKERS] New gist vacuum.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello!

> 31 янв. 2016 г., в 17:18, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> написал(а):
>
> Костя Кузнецов wrote:
consumptionnew version will control size of stack and will operate with map of little size because i want delete old
stylevacuum(now if maintenance_work_mem less than needed to build info map we use old-style vacuum with logical
order).</div>

> You never got around to submitting the updated version of this patch,
> and it's been a long time now, so I'm marking it as returned with
> feedback for now.  Please do submit a new version once you have it,
> since this seems to be very useful.

I've rebased patch (see attachment), it seems to work. It still requires a bit of styling, docs and tests, at least.
Also, I thinks that hash table is not very good option if we have all pages there: we should either use array or do not
filltable for every page.

If author and community do not object, I want to continue work on Konstantin's patch.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.