DTOI4 integer out of range - Mailing list pgsql-general

From shey sewani
Subject DTOI4 integer out of range
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I am currently running Postgres 7.1.2 on my RedHat 7.1 Linux machines.  I
have had a database on postgres for two years now.  During the past two
years the database size has grown considerably.

There are more than 250 Million records in the database.  Furthermore many
of these records have been inserted, deleted and re-inserted over the past 2
years.

Within the last few days I have recieved several errors when using pgaccess
with postgres.  The most common error I recieve is
"dtoi4 integer out of Range, OID 218700327" when I try to update a record
through pgaccess.  I do not recieve any errors when I do updates with psql
or updates with programs that use libpq++.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Thank you,
Sheheryar Sewani.

Sheheryar Sewani
Houston, TX