postres, odbc and adox - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tom Cook
Subject postres, odbc and adox
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I'm hoping that you can help me.  I have written a MS C++ application that
uses ADO and ADOX to communicate to the ODBC drivers.  I am trying to use
the PostGres ODBC driver but I am having problems in using the
ADOX::_CatalogPtr and inserting the connection:

            m_pCatalog->PutActiveConnection("Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist
Security Info=False;User ID=postgres;Data Source=PostgreSQL");

The ADO side of things works fine but if I want to do anything with ADOX
such as create a table, when I attempt to build the catalog based on a
postgres connection string, I get a _com_error.  Do you have any idea as to
how to handle this?  Does the your postgres ODBC driver not support ADOX?
Could I be doing something wrong?

Many thanks for your help,
Tom