explicit deadlock-victim-priority mechanism - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject explicit deadlock-victim-priority mechanism
Date
List pgsql-general
ref =  [ E1QZDJc-0000XV-C8@gemulon.postgresql.org ]

I note with interest that [deadlock_timeout] can be used as . . .
"a poor-man's deadlock priority mechanism: a transaction with a high [deadlock_timeout] is less
likely to be chosen as the victim than one with a low [deadlock_timeout]"

I for one, would definitely be interested in "a more explicit priority mechanism".

My use case is:
We have some "batch work" processes, whose "deadlock-victim-priority" I would like to set to HIGH.
(at the expense of smaller transactions who I would like to be the victim)

-dvs-