Accessibility Issues with PostgreSQL pgAdmin 1.22.2 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Hoffman, Laura A (CTR)
Subject Accessibility Issues with PostgreSQL pgAdmin 1.22.2
Date
List pgadmin-support

Good evening,

Our team at the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) is currently planning to use PostgreSQL pgAdmin 1.22.2 (via AWS). While our team is relatively small, in anticipation of the user base of this product at DHS eventually growing beyond the initial 7-10 users, the DHS Office of Accessible Systems and Technology (OAST) conducted a DHS Trusted Tester Section 508 evaluation of the product for accessibility.

The evaluation identified several areas of non-conformance including issues with Keyboard Access, Color Contrast and SW Built-in Accessibility Features. I have attached their report/findings for your review. If possible we were hoping that bug-fix tickets could be generated for the issues and if possible these issues could be fixed in future releases of this product.

Please let me know if this is something that you would be willing to work on in the future.

FYI - What is Section 508? Section 508, an amendment to the United States Workforce Rehabilitation Act of 1973, is a federal law mandating that all electronic and information technology developed, procured, maintained, or used by the federal government be accessible to people with disabilities. Technology is deemed to be "accessible" if it can be used as effectively by people with disabilities as by those without.

Thank you in advance for all of your help in this matter.

Laura

Laura A. Hoffman | CWS

Program Level Systems Engineering (PLSE)

Section 508 | DHS OBIM

Office: (202) 637-9699 Ext. 611

Email: laura.a.hoffman@associates.ice.dhs.gov

Attachment