Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From MauMau
Subject Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: "Andres Freund" <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
> On 2013-12-12 00:31:25 +0900, MauMau wrote:
>> 5. FATAL:  terminating walreceiver process due to administrator command
>> 6. FATAL:  terminating background worker \"%s\" due to administrator
>> command
>
> Those are important if they happen outside a shutdown. So, if you really
> want to remove them from there, you'd need to change the signalling to
> handle the cases differently.

How are they important?  If someone mistakenly sends SIGTERM to walreceiver
and background workers, they are automatically launched by postmaster or
startup process later like other background processes.  But other background
processes such as walsender, bgwriter, etc. don't emit FATAL messages.

Regards
MauMau