Re: Restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bob Pawley
Subject Re: Restore
Date
Re: Restore  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: Restore  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
I have tried this a number of times -
psql –U postgres PDW < PDW_June_10.sql. (with and without spaces between U &
postgres and/or < and PDW_June)

Sometimes I am asked for a postgres password, once I was asked for the PDW
password (this makes sense and which I did enter).

When I entered the password it either said password failed or it simply went
back to the root command.

No database information was sent.

pg_hba.conf sets method as md5

I don't know what is meant by your reference to  \1.

Bob