Re: background worker and normal exit - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bernd Helmle
Subject Re: background worker and normal exit
Date
List pgsql-hackers

--On 26. Mai 2013 11:38:55 +0900 Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

> This flag makes a worker not to restart only in case of a crash. To solve
> your problem, you could as well allow your process to restart and put it
> in indefinite sleep if server is not in recovery such it it will do
> nothing in your case.

Hmm so you can't have workers just "doing something once" and exit? I have
to admit, i didn't follow bgworkers closely in the past, but could you give
a short insight on why this is currently not possible?

--
Thanks
Bernd