Re: On login trigger: take three - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: On login trigger: take three
Date
Re: On login trigger: take three
List pgsql-hackers
> On 20 Sep 2022, at 15:43, Sergey Shinderuk <s.shinderuk@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>
> On 02.09.2022 18:36, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> This had bitrotted a fair bit, attached is a rebase along with (mostly)
>> documentation fixes.  0001 adds a generic GUC for ignoring event triggers and
>> 0002 adds the login event with event trigger support, and hooks it up to the
>> GUC such that broken triggers wont require single-user mode.  Moving the CF
>> entry back to Needs Review.

> There is a race around setting and clearing of dathasloginevt.

Thanks for the report!  The whole dathasloginevt mechanism is IMO too clunky
and unelegant to go ahead with, I wouldn't be surprised if there are other bugs
lurking there.  Since the original authors seems to have retired from the patch
(I've only rebased it to try and help) I am inclined to mark it as returned
with feedback.