pg_class not updated correctly? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darrin Ladd
Subject pg_class not updated correctly?
Date
List pgsql-general
Howdy,

I am creating my first *real* tables in Postgres and noticed something that
concerned me.  It appears that the pg_class table is not being updated
correctly to reflect the constraints on the table.  Here is my example...

I created a table code:

CREATE TABLE code (
code_type_no int,
code_no      int,
code_desc    varchar,
CONSTRAINT pk_code
   PRIMARY KEY (code_type_no, code_no),
CONSTRAINT fk_code_codetype_code_type_no
   FOREIGN KEY (code_type_no)
   REFERENCES code_type (code_type_no)
);

As you can see it has a primary key and a foreign key.  But when looking at
the pg_class table:
pg_class.relname = code
         reltriggers = 2  yes
         relukeys    = 0  maybe as long as primary shouldn't be
                          displayed here as unique
         relfkeys    = 0  NO!
         relhaspkey  = f  NO!

This is not the only table that I have created, all of them have at least a
primary key, and none of them are showing a number > 0 for ukeys or anything
but an f for haspkey.

Am I reading this table incorrectly, or is there something wrong with the
way Postgres is updating this table?

Thanks!
Darrin