Re: Pg dump of parent table instead of taking child table - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Holger Jakobs
Subject Re: Pg dump of parent table instead of taking child table
Date
List pgsql-admin
There is no such option "--loading-via-parent-root"

Check for existing options here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/app-pgdump.html
--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach
Tel. +49 178 9759012

Am 13. September 2024 15:11:59 MESZ schrieb Sathish Reddy <sathishreddy.postgresql@gmail.com>:

We are using 14 version
Pg_dump with  -Fp and --loading-via-parent-root option

Database name is better and schema is better. ..

Thanks

Sathishreddy

On 2024-09-13 13:30 +0200, Sathish Reddy wrote:
> We are trying to take parent table backup included all child tables data
> into dump plan format.but we are getting failed to achieve.

1) Which Postgres version?

2) What pg_dump options did you use?

3) What output/error do you get?

4) What does the database schema look like?  Are you using table
   inheritance or foreign keys for the parent-child relationship?

--
Erik