Re: A few questions to real pgsql gurus - Mailing list pgsql-general

From mike McGire
Subject Re: A few questions to real pgsql gurus
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks guys for all the replies.

>From: "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>

>The newest version uses an Lanux (not Linux) layer ... its a set of
>monitoring tools that are used to detect failure of the primary server,
>and auto-switch over to the secondary ... we're workign right now on
>extending that further to include fail-over mid-transaction, so that the
>failover itself is more transparent to the end user ...

That sounds exactly like what we want, but I need to know how its
configured, so is there a detailed document on that, btw. we will be running
it on Solaris 8/9 (Sparc).

Besides, since this is a commercial solution, how much it costs ?

Thanks again for all the information, this mailing list is just great !
Mike