Re: PostgreSQL replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mauricio Breternitz
Subject Re: PostgreSQL replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Oleg:   I concur with this, and would like to collaborate as possible.

[You may recall my messages from a couple weeks back. I'm looking at
ways of implementing 'concurrent' PostGres on a NUMA machine that has
both local memory and (a bit more costly) access to a shared memory].
   Bettina Kemme's method relies on fast, reliable and ordered global
communication, which is easily implemented on my target system, so her
methods look a great fit. [Im my case, the 'replication' would only happen
at the level of the buffer cache in each node, since all nodes have access
to a shared file system].
Presently, per Tom Lane's suggestion, I'm
looking at a different approach, in which I keep the shared memory segment
in shared memory and check-in/check-out the buffers into local memory at
proper times (which Tom suggested at the LockBuffer boundaries].
I'm open to suggestions/advice/...
                 cheers                      Mauricio