Re: JDBC, prepared queries, and partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Stephen Denne
Subject Re: JDBC, prepared queries, and partitioning
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Josh Berkus wrote
> So, just to confirm: there is no way with v3 to make it not
> use a cached
> plan, either on 8.2 or 8.3, correct?

8.3 server release notes mention a couple of options:
- Automatically re-plan cached queries when table definitions change or statistics are updated (Tom)
- Implement new commands DISCARD ALL, DISCARD PLANS, DISCARD TEMPORARY, CLOSE ALL, and DEALLOCATE ALL (Marko Kreen,
Neil)

I've no idea about the extent of that first one, but perhaps you could include a tiny table in the query, and update
statisticson the table.

Stephen Denne.

Disclaimer:
At the Datamail Group we value team commitment, respect, achievement, customer focus, and courage. This email with any
attachmentsis confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If it is not intended for you please advise by reply
immediately,destroy it and do not copy, disclose or use it in any way.

  This email has been scanned by the DMZGlobal Business Quality
              Electronic Messaging Suite.
Please see http://www.dmzglobal.com/services/bqem.htm for details.