ODBC calls seem surprisingly slow... - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Robby Slaughter
Subject ODBC calls seem surprisingly slow...
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Cygwin folks,

My database calls seem to be VERY slow---10 seconds for a single
query that returns a handful of records.

"select version()" yields:

 PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on i686-pc-cygwin, compiled by GCC 2.95.3-4

I am actually running to ASP pages but calls via Access seem
to be having the same problem.  However, typing the same queries
into the psql interpreter generates snappy responses.

So, my question is: is this just the nature of the beast? Is
there probably a particular layer (ipc-daemon, odbc driver,
or otherwise) which is particularly at fault? Has anyone else
experienced this issue?

Thanks in advance.

-Robby Slaughter