Re: Savepoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: Savepoints
Date
List pgsql-hackers

As long as we use no overwriting manager
1) Rollback(data) isn't needed in case of a db crash.
2) Rollback(data) isn't needed to cancal a transaction entirely.
3) We don't need to mind the transaction size so much.

We can't use the db any longer if a REDO recovery fails now.
Under overwriting smgr we can't use the db any longer either
if rollback fails. How could PG be not less reliable than now ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue