RE: strange behaviour (bug) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject RE: strange behaviour (bug)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

There could be another cause.
If a B-tree page A was splitted to the page A(changed) and a page B but
the transaction was rolled back,the pages A,B would not be written to
disc and the followings could occur for example.
1)  The changed non-leaf page of A and B may be written to disc later.
2)  An index entry may be inserted into the page B and committed later.

I don't know how often those could occur.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue