RE: Fundamental change of locking behavior in 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject RE: Fundamental change of locking behavior in 7.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers

In PostgreSQL,'lock table' acquires a AccessExclusiveLock by default.
IMHO ExclusiveLock is sufficient for ordinary purpose. It doesn't conflict
with AccessShareLock. Oracle doesn't have AccessExclusive(Share)Lock
and I've been suspicious why users could acquire the lock explicitly.

Comments ?

Regards.
Hiroshi Inoue