net start postmaster failes because: System error 1069 has occurr ed. The service did not start due to a logon failure. - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Paul Meisenheimer
Subject net start postmaster failes because: System error 1069 has occurr ed. The service did not start due to a logon failure.
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
I inherited a PC (running Windows 2000 professional)  which at one time was
running PostgreSQL.

I reinstalled cygwin (1.3.10) and cygipc (1.10.1) and tried to get
PostgreSQL running again.

From a bash shell I can start the cygipc ipc-daemon:

    $ net start ipc-daemon
    The Cygwin IPC Daemon service is starting.
    The Cygwin IPC Daemon service was started successfully.

But I can't start the PostgreSQL server:

    $ net start postmaster
    System error 1069 has occurred.

    The service did not start due to a logon failure.

How do I fix this problem ?

Thanks in advance

    Paul Meisenheimer