Separate HEAP WAL replay logic into its own file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Li, Yong
Subject Separate HEAP WAL replay logic into its own file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi PostgreSQL hackers,

For most access methods in PostgreSQL, the implementation of the access method itself and the implementation of its WAL
replaylogic are organized in separate source files.  However, the HEAP access method is an exception.  Both the access
methodand the WAL replay logic are collocated in the same heapam.c.  To follow the pattern established by other access
methodsand to improve maintainability, I made the enclosed patch to separate HEAP’s replay logic into its own file.
Thechanges are straightforward.  Move the replay related functions into the new heapam_xlog.c file, push the common
heap_execute_freeze_tuple()helper function into the heapam.h header, and adjust the build files.

I hope people find this straightforward refactoring helpful.

Yong

Attachment