Re: SQL language - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: SQL language
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Oct 22, 2005, at 0:24 , krishnaa sridharan wrote:
> I am a new user to PostGRE SQL.
Welcome!

[Please note that the it is PostgreSQL or Postgres.]
> When i installed the application on the windows xp machine, There
> were no language for the template database created. Is there a way
> to add pl/sql to the databse that i create. Can some one guide me
> on how to do this.

PL/sql is available by default. You should be able to create a
function without installing anything. To test, try creating a simple
function such as this:

test=# create function test_true() returns boolean language SQL as
'select true;';
CREATE FUNCTION
test=# select test_true();
test_true
(1 row)

If you want to install other procedural languages, perhaps the
documentation can help.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/xplang.html#XPLANG-
INSTALL

Hope this helps.