Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: weekly progress reports (week 6) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey Borodin
Subject Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: weekly progress reports (week 6)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

> 28 февр. 2018 г., в 22:19, Shubham Barai <shubhambaraiss@gmail.com> написал(а):
>
> Sure. I have attached a rebased version

I've looked into the code closely again. The patch is heavily reworked since GSoC state :)
Tests are looking fine and locking is fine-grained.
But there is one thing I could not understand:
Why do we take a lock during moveRightIfItNeeded()?
This place is supposed to be called whenever page is split just before we a locking it and right after we've come to
thepage from parent.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.